Sunday, March 9, 2014

Patience

My mom used to always tell me that patience is a virtue, and I believe what my mom tells me (she's pretty smart). The problem with virtues is that they are like grasping oil: just when you think you've got it, you realize you only have a little bit and the rest has slipped between your fingers. I thought I was a patient person, but the past few days have been the longest days of my life. I'm waiting to hear back from the publisher about the next step for Immolation and a few days has turned into years of torture and mortification in Purgatory.

While I wait, though, I have been amazed at the encouragement from many of my friends. My good friend Russell Schmidt informed me of some most excellent news (and no, I haven't watched Bill and Ted recently, why do you ask?) and when the time is right I'll share it with you all. In the meantime, let's go support him and read his ridiculously awesome blog here:

On the "amazing friends" front, my friend Judah McNiel has offered to help me with an author website that actually looks like it wasn't made by two "Nigerians" trying to give me 15 million dollars. I'd give you his website, but I don't know it, so just pretend you went to it and enjoyed it very much.

Finally, in this installment of "amazing friends" (I feel like I should copyright that before DC Comics gets an idea in their heads) go harass my friend Mark Carver by buying his books, the first of which can be ordered here: Ignore the reviews that call his book "a miss" or other such nonsense. I suspect this was written by forty-year-old men living in their parent's basements who look suspiciously like this guy:

Though I've mentioned a few people here, I can never thank all of you enough for all you've done to help me, even if it was just encouraging me to keep going. You all mean the world to me.

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment